Monday, September 29, 2008

dentists

so the asshole is rearing its ugly head again....By the name "assshole" I am of course talking about my left upper wisdom tooth--fucking bastard that he/she is...I was up a lot of last night with some pain so Marco convinced me it was time to call the dentist. I hate the dentist...i cry when i go there...
Now, most of you are saying "well no one likes the dentist."....you do not realize my deep seeded hatred of them. I dont understand why anyone would want to be a dentist...you might as well be the grime reaper as far as im concerned. I dont understand why people aspire to want to grow up and scare people....what kind of life is that? I honestly think that if i were looking to buy a house (in a much more upscale neighboorhood), and the neighboor was a dentist, i would not even look at the house...sad isnt it? On my list of hierarchy, I see dentists as basically one step up from animal abusers and one step below right wing republicans....SAD!!! I see dentists WORST then right-winged republicans....and if you know me, you understand the true meaning of it.
Now, Im sure my dentist is a nice man- he is soft spoken, talks to me nicely, and puts up with my copious amounts of crying and screaming when i do get a cleaning or get my cavities filled (if you think i am kidding, sadly, i am not). He nicely prescibes me xanax and will kindly suggest that I may want to "double" the dosage next time I come. According to his website, he has a nice family and kids and is very involved with coaching and the community.
Well, frankly this means jack shit to me...All I see is Conan the barbarian...or sweeney todd--for some reason whenever i think about going to the dentist, I think about the "evil barber of fleet street" and envision a scary-looking bloody Jonny Depp coming at me with those horrible picky things....Seriously, I know I have issuess!
I feel like dentistry is still really barbaric! To me, in like 50 years ,we will look back at this stuff like root canals and drillings and liken it to blood letting and lobotomies....we will go to museums and look at Mr. Sucky and fillings and it will be like visiting the war museum at Gettysburg and looking at the rudimentary amputation devices they used inthe civil war to hack off your limbs. Our future generation will go "what were they thinking?!"I dont understand why dentistry has to be so painful and uncomfortable when we have come so far in modern medicine.
Anyway, my rant is over....i actually have an appointment to get rid of this fucker from my mouth forever, although i will have to rely on the barbaric "modern" dentistry practices until something better comes along....

1 comment:

Chris said...

Woo Hoo!! I am higher than a dentist!!