Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My post for today

Ok, so here is my boring breakdown/thoughts for today:

- I had not one, but two, grossly inappropriate patients today. The first guy is basically dying (sadly); however, his daughter insists that he needs 3 hours of therapy a day AND should go to rehab. First of all, we are an acute care hospital...if you get 1/2 hour every other day, you are freakin' lucky. Second of all, this dude is dying - he has end stage cancer, cant breathe and his HR wont stay below 120,even at rest. He is a Code Blue waiting to happen. This poor guy cant even really talk anymore because he is so short of breathe; yet his daughter INSISTS he needs to be basically tortured with OT/PT....people like this need to be shot.
My second lady basically screamed the ENTIRE time we attempted to treat her....she has a old SEVERE CVA, a pelvic fracture and a hip fracture. The MD order says "Please get patient OOB and Ambulate." WE couldnt even do range of motion in bed with out her screaming bloody murder! PT/OT at this point is POINT LESS!! Me doing 10sets of shoulder flexion is NOT going to get this lady up and walking any time soon....Poor lady!
- One of my eating disorder clients said to me today "You know how it is when you just cant stop exercising?"....now, i know this is a therapeutic environment, but do I LOOK LIKE I KNOW HOW IT IS TO OBSESSIVELY EXERCISE?!?!?!?!? so hilarious!!!
- I hate when people try to do sneaky things....and they dont get the point of why you were upset in the first place....whatever
- I love my dogs....they rule. Its so nice to come home from a long day at work and just have two bundles of fur be so happy to see you....its an instant pick-me-up!

No comments: