Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ode toTarget (prounounced : Tar-jay)

I have been unusually cranky this past week because of the mass amount of losers who inhabit my life and make it a living hell.....however, i can not post about it in this blog because honestly the FCC, nj gestapo, or the Bush administration may take it down due to the excessive amounts of blasphemy and crude language....

so i have decided to blog about some thing that makes me happy, without a fail....

that would be the Target store.



My love affair with Target began when it the first one in the area opened in Menlo...due to the fact that menlo isnt around the corner, i did not get here as ofen as i would have liked. However, I did manage to spend 400 dollars there before i went to college.

then they opened in South Plainfield and my obsession began.



My mind can not even wrap around the large amounts of money I have spent at Target. I seriously can not leave that store with out dropping at LEAST 50 dollars. Now, grant it, i do a majority of my grocery shopping (stuff is about 20 percent cheaper there).

However, I notice that when I am at Target I feel the urge to buy stuff that I have never needed before. Case in point: We now own not ONE but TWO electronic weather gauge---do i really need two? did i even need the first one? the answer is "no"; Example #2: The dollar spot: Even though i dont need them , I now own 4 trays of fruit-shaped ice cude molds.....hmmmm....however, Target must have the worlds best marketing people because at the time of purchase both Marco and I felt we could not LIVE without both of these items.

I also would seriously plan out where i would live based on Target. I have told Marco seeral times taht I would remain a South Plainfield townie as long as Target was here.

It is also the only store on the planet where i have my own parking spot....ok, not really...marco and i had earlier claimed the spot.....we actually ge really irritated when other people park there---pathetic isnt it?

Sadly enough, when we are bored we often go "hey, want to go wander around Target?" We are like poor people who dont pay our energy bill----we go there to soak in the air conditioning, people-watch and kill time.

And to top off the magicalness of Target, OUR Target has a Starbucks right in it ---its like Shangri-la .

And I know I am not alone in my love....My best friend and my sister in law share my obsession...and im sure we are not alone...

No comments: