Sunday, August 10, 2008

random ramblings at its best

Ok, so today i think i reached my peek of evilness towards children.

now, ok, I always say I hate children...this is not entirely true....i hate children whose parents have converted them into entire annoying pains in the asses.

Point in case: My miniture golf experience today
I would just like to highlight htis by saying that I am a bit competative when it comes to mini golf. You have to realize that at an early I was playing 36 - 52 holes of mini golf a day while on vacation. My father was sadly very passionate about this sport. We were taught the ins and outs and etiquette of mini golf at a young age.
In addition, my family kept score, even though i was 7 and my brother was 4 (at least in my earliest memories). Yes, of course my father and mother would beat us. However, this made us into better mini golf players and in the long run better people. By time my brother was 8 he was beating us in mini golf. I am sick of hearing these days about how schools and childrens programs dont keep score so everyone is a winner.
Well tough shit kiddos - life is all about keeping score . I feel like this nation is raising a gneration of pussies. Buck up people!
But I digress....
So this leads me to my story. Marco took me mini golfing today, which i enjoy. Well behind us were two children whose parents (grandparents?) paided to have them play golf....and OF COURSE they just let them hit the ball around and fool around and NOT play correctly. Honestly, i dont know what the freakin' point was !
Not only did this annoy me, but these children kept bumping into me and walking on our green while we were playing...and OF COURSE the parents were playing no attention...as a matter of fact the grandmother/mother was text messaging on her phone while her dumb children were annoying me.
So, what i did next, i am not proud of, but felt was neccesary. My glares and somewhat loud sarcastic remarks about how people these days need to teach their children respect were not working. In the animal (non-homosapien) world, a "warning" is usualyl given to tell other animals to "back up". Some animals swich their tails, some puff up their necks.....I decided it was time to give the "thais" warning.
As the one boy was encrouching into my personal space on the putting green, I non-chalantly tucked my club under my arm pit so it stuck out about 2 feet behind me. I then swung my body around, jsut narrowly missing the child's face with my club by about 6 inches. I DID NOT hit him...just mearly gave a "warning" that he was took quick.
And for all you tender hearted people (whose children are going to be eaten alive by society), i have to tell you it worked. Immediatly the father yelled for his son to back up and not stand to close...and i had a wonderful back 9 without a child riding my ass.
So to all you parents and all you people who are thinking of procreating, please please please teach your children manners and keep score....your children will thank you in the long run!

oh, and please teach them to play mini golf apprpriately.



BTW - I also BEAT THE PANTS out of Marco ---46 to 52....hehehhe

No comments: