Monday, October 20, 2008

so many months

So i have noticed that there are so many "months" celebrated nowadays...when i was in school it was February was African American hisotry....and dental awareness month .....then there came women's hisotry month in march...then breast cancer awareness in october....then national OT month in April....so many months to keep track of!!!
I have noticed the pink ribbons around the trees, which is awesome, because breast cancer (as all cancers) SUCKS!! But i recently noticed that every OTHER tree in town is purple.....my lovely husband then informed me that it is also domestic violence/abuse prevention month (although I think possibly we should be preventing this, just like breast cancer, all year round)......so many months to keep track of!!! Last month I also saw GREEN ribbons up in watchung----environmental awareness month?!
so if you take anything away from the month of October, please remember: Dont punch your wife, especially in the boob.

2 comments:

Chris said...

October is also pharmacist appreciation month. (This is the most boring matter of fact response to a blog post I have ever given. I suck. I was so excited to point out something, like in 1st grade when you raise you hand to answer a question "ooh, ooh" and then what? A big fat nothing of a fact. No humor, no excitement, just a boring pharmacist trying to get attention).

Anonymous said...

Thais this is why I love you! Your last sentence was hysterical! I love your humor! hahaha