Friday, May 29, 2009

my tummy

I hate my tummy...and all the gastrointestinal parts that go with it.

I had the PLEASURE of an Endoscopy and a Sigmoidoscopy today...for all of oyu non-medical people, that would be cameras in both ends....NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!!

So, basically i was up all night anxious about the procedure, then got up at 5 am to do the prep and went to the hospital for 7 30.....needless to say,i am a bit tired.

And of course, what are the results? pretty much nothing i didnt know before....i have GERD, gastritis, duodenitis, proctitis - which basically means that my gastric system is irritated....no duh! The only new thing i learned is that i have a hiatal hernia, which is very common...which, frankly is almost comforting because i have been having chest pain for over a year and just thought it was anxiety and/or a heart problem i didnt want to know aobut...but surprise, its a hiatal hernia, which you can basically do nothing about...but at least im not dying or having major heart and/or panic attacks.....

and now my stomach is still hurting me this evening, even though i have been out of the procedure for 12 hours.....and i basically feel like im still at square one....blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

at least i have my loving hubby, who has taken good care of me all day :)

No comments: