Monday, June 29, 2009

Guilty Pleasure #5

TMZ.com....and people.com....and wonderwall....and other random gossip sites.

Yes, I, Thais Kristina Petrocelli Migliaro, a person of sound mind and some intelligence, admit to loving to read the gossip websites.
It all started with my closeted reading of PEOPLE magazine. I seem to buy this magazine every week. I absoltly refuse to get a subscription, because i should be reading more intellectual magazines such as TIME or Newsweek. However, I love people magazine and can not resist buying it when i see it on the shelf (unless brad or angelina are on the cover, becuase frankly, they are dead to me after the jennifer aniston fiasco) There is nothing i like better then to come home from shopping, unpack all my stuff and then sit down on my couch and read my People magazine.
Well, my love for people magazine, in addition to my sometimes boredom/avoidance at my old job led to my addiction to people.com, as the state of nj had not blocked to this site. I love this site. For some reason, i enjoy seeing what Jessica Simpson ate for dinner, or the latest Jon and KAte fighting.....Its sick, i know. This past week, my BIL told me about TMZ...which i now check 4-5 times per day!!!! I think what also pushed my need to read the gossip sites is also my Other guilty pleasure of watching crappy reality shows/train-wreck TV, such as The Duggers, Jon and KAte, Girls NExT Door, etc etc (i have even watched the Tori Spelling show when home sick...i am not proud of it, but really, there is nothing on during the day).
Now, i do stay away from sites such as "ok" and "national enquire" and " US Weekly", as i feel those are less reputatble....not like people.com is more reputable, but i feel like they have better info.

yes, i am sad and pathetic....i could be spending my time on-line pursuing a masters degree or learning a new language...instead i am searching reading about Katie Holmes latest hair style......so so sad....

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm not quite that bad... but I do watch Jon & Kate. And I have recently begun DVRing every episode of the Duggars' show. It fascinates me.