Friday, July 4, 2008

I heart new jersey

I am just writing this blog to re-declare my love of the great state of New Jersey!
I was reflecting upon this while journeying up the Parkway (the greatest roadway ever).

I love nj because of the massive shore migration that occurs every single summer on the weekends...no matter your class, creed, race, whatever, if you are a native jersian you have this internal biorythym that makes you want to migrate down the shore like a drone with the hoards to find your small patch of sand.....and, despite the crowds, expensive gas, dirty seagulls, freezing ocean, and fucking New Yorkers who cant drive ( GO TO YOUR OWN BEACHES!!) and have obnoxious accents (to be discussed in a later blog) , you still feel like you have your own piece of heaven.

I love new jersey because you can have a casual conversation at parties with fellow jerseyians, throw the word "FUCK" around casually and no one cares ---in fact, it is jsut considered part of normal speech

I love New Jersey because being from New Jersey makes rocking out to Bon Jovi on the radio just that much better....i cant imagine "living on a prayer" would get my heart racing as it does unless i was from new jersey...its like one of our anthems.....as a mater of fact, is there was a state anthem , im sure it would be "livin' on a prayer"

I love New Jersey because there is a diner on every corner...and the food is always good

I love New Jersey because I can always have an attitude all the time and no one thinks there is anything wrong with that...as a matter of fact, i didnt have an attitude, people would think there was something wrong

I love New Jersey becuase i can go to the city, the mountain or the beach all within 1 hour

I love New Jersey because pretty much 95 percent of the population can identify where they live based an exit number off the turnpike or parkway....for instance, if I would say to a fellow jersian "I live off of Exit 10 on the Turnpike or exit 127 off the Parkway", they would know exactly what Im talking about.

I love new jersey because the food. Within walking from my house, i can get italian, portguese, irish, "american", vietamese, indian, greek, and chinese. With 10 miles of my house I can pretty much get any type of food in the world.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

rock on baby!!!! (except I *despise* Bon Jovi ;) oh and I'm Exit 8 on the turnpike :)